About this Course
The Internet of Things Foundation course provides an overview and insight into the emerging technology.
The course covers the basic concepts, terminology, and key components of IoT. It explains the business perspectives of IoT including the advantages of early adoption and monetization models. It further expands on the technologies enabling IoT and the various challenges to expect. Several scenarios describe the use cases and applications of IoT that result in smart applications and services to inspire organizations making the move to IoT. The course provides future insights in IoT and forecasts the status of the connected world in 2020.
The Internet of Things Foundation course is most interesting for business and management professionals, including:
- Application Consultant
- Business Analyst / Business Process Architect
- Developer / Developer Consultant
- Enterprise Architect
- Program / Project Manager
- Solution Architect
- System Administrator / System Architect
- Technology Consultant
Basic knowledge of Internet concepts (Difference between Internet and Web, URL, Http/Https,
DNS, etc.), Cloud Computing characteristics, Big Data concepts, Networking concepts (LAN/WAN/MAN, routers, protocols, topologies, etc.)
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define concepts and terminologies of IoT.
- Examine new devices and interfaces that are driving IoT growth.
- Relate to business perspectives of IoT (advantages of early adoption of IoT technologies).
- Predict implications of IoT for your business.
- Examine the role of enabling technologies for IoT, such as cloud computing and Big Data.
- Identify security and governance issues with IoT.
- Examine future growth opportunities of IoT in the coming years
This interactive and thought provoking course includes:
- Group discussions
- Lab activities to allow you to experience IoT applications: These are in-class lab exercises which will allow participants to experience IoT applications.
- Case scenarios around IoT
- Module End Questions.
Concepts and Terminologies
- Introduction: Internet, Things, and IoT
- IoT Types, History and Evolution of IoT
- Cyber-Physical Systems and Differences Among IoE, M2M, and IoT
- Facts and Figures Around IoT and IoT Application Areas
- Drivers of IoT
- Benefits of a Connected World
- IoT Business: Opportunities, Benefits, and Challenges
- IoT Monetization Strategies and Models
Basic Building Blocks of IoT–Architecture
- Architecture of IoT Components
- Network Protocols Within IoT
Enabling Technologies of IoT + Lab Activities
- Role of Social Media and Mobility in IoT
- Defining SMACT
- Role of Big Data and Analytics in IoT
- Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
IoT Security and Top Governance Issues
- IoT Security Challenges
- Causes of IoT Security Breaches
- IoT Security Risks
IoT Case Studies and Future Predictions
- IoT Usage Scenarios
- IoT Growth Perspectives
- IoT Future Predictions
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 14 heures
- Skill level Associate
- Language Français/English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Aucun Évènement