About this Course
Many organizations use databases to store their most critical information: the information that manages their day-to-day operations. After the data is stored in databases, however, it is useless unless you can retrieve it for further business analysis. One example of a database management system is Microsoft SQL Server 2012. The language you use to retrieve information from SQL Server 2012 databases is the Structured Query Language (SQL). This course, SQL Querying: Fundamentals, will teach you to use SQL as a tool to retrieve the information you need from databases.
This course is intended for individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required. Completion of one of the following Logical Operations courses or equivalent knowledge and skill are highly recommended:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
In this course, you will compose SQL queries to retrieve desired information from a database.
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Export the results of a query.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express Edition with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft® Silverlight®
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
Topic A: Connect to the SQL Database
Topic B: Query a Database
Topic C: Save a Query
Topic D: Modify and Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
Topic A: Search Using One or More Conditions
Topic B: Search for a Range of Values and NULL Values
Topic C: Search Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
Topic A: Perform Date Calculations
Topic B: Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
Topic C: Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
Topic A: Sort Data
Topic B: Rank Data
Topic C: Group Data
Topic D: Filter Grouped Data
Topic E: Summarize Grouped Data
Topic F: Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
Topic A: Combine the Results of Two Queries
Topic B: Compare the Results of Two Queries
Topic C: Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
Lesson 6: Exporting Query Results
Topic A: Generate a Text File
Topic B: Generate an XML File
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 jour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Aucun Évènement